Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Grace & Her Friends

Grace:
I did Grace on Friday, knowing that she was programmed for Monday. But I was working on C&J already, and wanted to see how it went. Plus, we have Barbells for Boobs On the 11th and it's Helen meets Grace, so I wanted to start to get comfortable with this girl as we hadn't met before.

I worked up to 70 pounds, and let me just say the difference between 65 and 70 felt like 30 pounds on my wrist. Overly cautious? All in my head? Maybe, but it was a stout difference. 65 really wasn't too bad after I got comfortable with it.

Grace - 2:15. Went out of the gate too hard and the last 15 were tougher than the first 15 but all in all not too terribly bad, but again, that's a pretty light barbell.

Saturday - was an off day as my wife and I spent the day with family and we attended an Alzheimer's walk in honor of her grandmother.

Sunday - Girls Just Want to Have Fun


They wanted us using the same Fran weight and Nancy weight, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to going in. After warming up I was able to get comfortable enough with the OHS that I went with 65#

Fran was 65# and Ring Rows and I finished her in 5:45. My first Fran experience. During the round of 15 I remember thinking, everyone is right, this is a damn good workout.

Started off with a decent paced run on Nancy but the OHS got heavy and I had to drop twice. I only did 1 run, 15 OHS and another run.

Annie - doesn't seem like it should be too bad doing singles and ab mat sit ups. But sit ups definitely go in my suck bbucketand I started to cramp up during them. Didn't make it through the round of 40 and was disappointed with that.

After that, I did our Yoga class. It felt great to get stretched out.

Grace Again:
Warmed up with 75 pounds but decided to stick with 65# with Grace again. Afterwards I wished I'd gone with the heavier weight and certainly will again soon. I think I'll test Grace once a month and make sure I'm adding weight each time until my wrist is strong enough to make it happen at the Rx'd 135.

Grace - 1:46

Also did 5x5 Front Squats before that. After Grace I continued to work on the C&J to get my wrist used to more weight. At Barbells for Boobs this weekend the scaled weight is 95 (its a partner WOD) and I have worked up to that weight now. I think I'll do more work today and get to 115 so 95 feels more comfortable.

To finish off with, the conditioning, next level was 3x1000m row with 3 min rest between intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment