Thursday, October 23, 2014

Barbells for Boobs

**I'm trying to raise $1,000 in 10 days. As a person who works in fundrasing, "we" are always telling our participants that they can do that, so I need to put my "money" where my mouth is. I did a self pledge, and am hoping that I can get 100 people to sponsor me for $10 or more. 

After 5 hours I have $91. 910 to go!

Please consider making a donation at www.stayclassy.org/derekhill**

The Barbells for Boobs fundraiser was held at my gym on October 11th.

We did Helen meets Grace with a Twist.

Helen - 3RFT
400m run
21 Kettlebell swings
12 Pull Ups (ring rows for scaled)

Then

Grace
30 - Clean & Jerks

The twist this year was the Kettlebell couldn't touch the ground until Grace. The running with the KB was a real pain in the ass. I had to substitute a KB Clean & Jerk as I just wasn't quite ready to get the barbell up with my wrist.

My partner was John and our goal was to have a good time and help raise money. We did both and even finished on the podium. Hey, 3 out of 3 still gets you on the podium!

And the kicker is that we were super hero themed. I was Clark Kent & John's hero was clearly the Cat in the Hat.

We had a great time & I'm already looking forward to next year, and another competition. It's a great way to push yourself and something fun to be "in-training" for.

Clark Kent

Anita being held by her son Joe. Anita is a survivor, and she works her tail off in the box!



Clark Kent & The Cat in the Hat














No comments:

Post a Comment