Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fight Gone Bad

9.20.14

Fight Gone Bad
Another benchmark workout meant to replicate a fight setting. 5 min on / 1 min off

1 minute each station before transitioning. Rest 1 min

There are a 3 round and 5 round variety. We did 3 rounds today. 

Wall Balls
Sumo deadlift high pull (75#)
Box jumps (20")
Push press (75#)
Row for Calories

I did a 10lb wall ball. 14 felt a little rough still catching it with the wrist. 
Did the 75# sumo - not the best decision
Box jumps - pleased that I did all jumps 
Push press - 22lb bar and it didn't feel great but no sharp pains
Row - now problems

202 total reps
If I'd scaled the sumo I would have gotten more reps but during the workout I noticed I was right hand dominate and only did 5-10 of those each round. 

Before class I did some work with bench press that was just the bar. It's heavy and uncomfortable because of the mobility issues in my left wrist. It was a good stretch and I think my recovery will really be helped with what I'm doing in the box. 

Didn't let my head get in the way today and feel good about things again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment