Tuesday, May 27, 2014

WOD 41: Nancy 5.27.14

Weightlifting

High-Hang Snatch (High Hang Squat Snatch)

Metcon

Nancy (Time)
5 Rounds for time of:
400m Run
15 Overhead Squats, 95# / 65#
______________________________________________________
I took last week mostly off. I worked some extra shifts at Outback to have some extra cash for CrossFit's Regional's, so I didn't work out as much. Back in the gym today. 

The High Hang Snatch was a good workout for developing the extension on the snatch and I got more comfortable with Overhead squats. I believe I PR'd that with 85 pounds. Sending the butt back before going down in the OHS makes such a huge difference. 

First time doing the benchmark workout Nancy. I went with 65 # OHS and did pretty well with that, they weren't great but better than I expected for the first few rounds and tougher for the last 3. Going into the workout I thought the squats would be the tough part but the running really kicked my ass today. I walked a little bit in the last few runs and that shouldn't happen in 400m runs. 

Time was 21:52

No comments:

Post a Comment