Friday, May 16, 2014

WOD 38: 5.15.14


Skills
Double Unders

Metcon (Time)
Partner WOD
500m Row
80 Double Unders
400m Row
60 Abmat Situps
300m Row
40 HR Pushups
200m Row
20 Burpees

Partner A Rows while Partner B Double Unders then they switch / etc
_____________________________________________________________________

Great workout yesterday. I didn't realize I was kicking my feet back some during the DUs so I'm working on just staying on the balls of my feet with the hollow body position. Its different but I think it will make a huge difference.

The workout was great. I feel better on the rower lately by using the mechanics I've been taught and the other work just fit in very well. The situps actually still give me trouble but not as much as they once did. Lets hope that's a sign my core is getting stronger. The Hand Release push ups were a bear after the first 20, my arms were on fire. I did 160 singles for the jump rope b/c I didn't want to fail a lot and slow us down.

It was so humid yesterday I think I was sweating out of every pore in my body.

My partner Anita and I finished in 16:57. A good effort.

All in all, after I warmed up with a 500m row, then we warmed up as a class with a 500m row and the 1600 during the class I did 2600 on the rower. Pretty smooth for the first 2 500's with times of 1:55 and 1:53.

Looking ahead to a good weekend. Cycling tomorrow. Planning on doing 40. THen a cookout and kickball game with College Hill CrossFit. Sunday I haven't decided maybe a WOD or maybe another bike ride. Outback Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment