Friday, May 9, 2014

WOD 35 - 5.8.14

Skills

Box Jumps (Max Box Jump Height)

Metcon

Metcon (Time)
For time:
20 Calorie Row
30 Wall Balls (20/14)
40 Box Jumps (24/20)
50 Abmat Sit-ups
40 Box Jumps (24/20)
30 Wall Balls (20/14)
20 Calorie Row


_________________________________________________

I had a hard time deciding if I was going to workout or not. I thought I was tired and my body might need a rest day. Then I realized I was just mentally tired from all the staring at a computer screen. Listening to your body is smart, but decoding the messages take a little time too. So glad I went it was a great workout. 

Before this workout I didn't think I could jump up on the 24" box so I'd only done 20". 
I got the 24 then Joe said go do the 30, and I did. I didn't attempt any jump with plates on the box, I thought 30 was pretty damn good so I did some work on the 20 and 24 jumping up and getting comfortable jumping back down. 

For the WOD I was in the first group and flew through the 20 calorie row and was feeling good. I started slowing a bit during the second half of that first set of wall balls. On the box jumps I jumped about 10 times and had to switch to step ups to keep moving. I did 10 sets of 5 on the ab mat sit ups taking 2 deep breaths between each five. The box steps were slower the second time but the second set of wall balls was pure suck. They don't seem like they should be so hard but man they were a battle to get those 30 done. The last 20 cal row wasn't great but it wasn't as tough as the wall balls. 

I'm really glad I got to the gym and got the workout in yesterday. I felt much better afterwards and am feeling great today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment