Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CrossFit - WOD 17

Today's workout consisted of the following:
Weightlifting

Jerks (Unbroken reps at 65%)
Jerks 4x6 unbroken reps at 65%

Metcon

EMOMx14 (AMRAP - Reps)
Odd: AMRAP of 5 Burpees over the Bar + 5 Thrusters, 95/65
Even: Rest


____________________
I did the Jerks at 95lb.Probably more than my 65% right now as they felt pretty heavy, but I did them and had good form. 

The WOD didn't look too bad. 7 minutes of work, how bad could it be, right?

Every time I think that I end up lying on the floor in a pool of sweat at the end. Damn. 
I did a 75lb thurster and got 87 reps. In my mind I wanted to get at least 80. 

I did 17-13-12-11-10-12-12

I did the math and it was 50 burpees and 37 thursters.
I'm pleased with that for today. 

This workout was programmed because the coaches think there will be something similar for 14.5, the last workout of this years Open. 

It's probably crazy to say, but I'm already looking forward to next year's Open. I think I'll have a lot of the moves down enough I can at least do the perscribed weight and have some fun with it. I know I won't sniff the top of a leader board, but pushing yourself is what it's all about. 

Also, worth noting, I am getting better with the rower (if only slightly). I did well with the 500m row to warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment