Thursday, March 13, 2014

CrossFit Day 9

Today didn't look to scary when the workout was posted last night.
2000m row / 1 mile run

I hadn't used a rower before and I've certainly run a mile.
Doesn't make it easy. I can attest to that.

Another thing I can attest to is that the warm ups are serious. You don't end a warm up without breaking a sweat. I guess we did about a 20 minute warm up today with burpees, wall balls, stretching, sit ups, a little rowing and more.

I can say with 100% certainty that there are days we warm up harder than entire "workouts" I did in the past. Don't get me wrong, you can gain muscle by doing curls and bench pressing, etc, but I never sweated during that the way I do during a CF warmup.

My time for todays workout is no where near impressive, but I'm proud nonetheless. I'm proud everytime I push myself to keep going and finish. I did it in 20:58. Split pretty evenly between the rowing and the running. Its the first time in 6 months to a year that I've run a mile w/o walking, so there's that.

Until next time, work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment