Wednesday, February 19, 2014

CrossFit - Day 2

Today I signed up for the lunch class. It was my first full CrossFit workout.
I believe there were 5 of us in the class.

Started with a warm up of:
15 Jumping Jacks
10 Air Squats
5 Push-Ups
x2

Then some stretching, moving up and down the box. I'm not even sure how to describe it yet, and I probably didn't do it all quite right but I tried.

That was a good warmup. Not easy by any means, lots of squat type movements, etc.

Onto the real deal.
Weightlifting

Disclaimer here for the one and only time. At this point, I don't care about what weight I use. I might could do more but I have to learn the movements and good form before I worry about moving a certain amount of weight.

EMOM x 5 (Weight) 65#
5 TnG Snatches (touch and go for those wondering like I was)

Metcon

AMRAP 12 (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)  - Another new term for me. As Many Rounds as Possible
70 Double Unders -do a double under so I did 140 singles. Yeah, I'm a heavy guy, jumping is not my fortee.
50 Burpee over the Bar
30 Squat Clean Thrusters. 135/95
10 Muscle Ups


How did it go?
the EMOM x 5 wasn't too bad. 
The MetCon or WOD (Workout of the Day) was an ass kicking.
I can't do a double under so you can substitude singles. I'm a heavy guy, jumping is not my fortee. That took me longer than I'd liked.
Burpee's. Well, they suck. I think most people will agree with that. I've probably done 10 at a time before. This was 50 and we weren't supposed to rest, but I couldn't help it, I was sucking wind like crazy. 

I got the burpees done and did a few, yes, just a few, like 6 Squat Clean Thrusters (65#). I just couldn't recover from the burpees. I know that I'll get better at each movement but since things change daily that's part of the fun. If I see this workout again in the future, I hope its a few months down the road because I know I can get better. 

I have a feeling that this won't be the only time I say this....
That was the toughest workout I've ever done. 

And it was awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment