Monday, February 17, 2014

Crossfit - Day 1

Well, I did it. I took the leap. I'd signed up for the CrossFit fundamentals at College Hill CrossFit last week but we had a huge snowstorm so it was postponed until today. Myself and 13 others were at the class. Tracy, one of the co-owners, and Whitney, a coach were in charge of the class. We learned about what is CrossFit, where it came from and then moved into basic movements we would be doing a lot of if we joined. We used PVC pipe to be our barbell tonight so we could get started on form and understanding some of the moves. I thought they did a great job teaching us about many of the moves.

We finished the class with a workout.

4 Stations. 1 minute at each, then rotate. 2x

Burpees
Wall Balls
Sit Ups
Kettle Bell Swings


So, um, that 8 minutes was an ass kicking workout. And I loved it. I'm ready to sign up and now that I've completed the fundamentals class I can.

I hope to get in a WOD (workout of the day) at CHC (College Hill CrossFit) at least 3 times a week.

For more on what CrossFit is read this entry from CHC's blog.

Lets see where this journey along with keeping trying to eat better and doing some cycling when it warms up / drys out, can take me.

College Hill CrossFit



No comments:

Post a Comment