Thursday, January 2, 2014

Over It

I'm so over being a fat ass.

I'm embarrassed and ashamed of the way I've let myself go again. Mid summer I was down to 214 pounds. Today I weighed in at 233.6. Yesterday the scale needed batteries, it looked like it said 239, but I'd guess it was closer to 235 after the pig I was on New Years Eve.

I ate terrible on the 29th and 31st, and did really well on the 30th and I went to the gym on the 31st.

However, I went out with a bang and feel like I landed with a thud in 2014. I have a resolutions post planned as well as a look back at last year's resolutions. I did well in some and failed miserably with health, finishing the year up 8 pounds from where I started it at.

I type this as a sweaty mess as I just returned from the gym. I didn't want to go. But there was no reason not too. I was tired from a day of work but it's only a 1 job day, so I decided to get to the apartment gym, its a short walk away.

This is the year I change my life through being healthy, including diet and exercise, not just cutting carbs, or trying to workout 2 hours a day. Those things are unsustainable. I want to develop and enjoy healthier eating habits and exercise more.

I will say that in 2014, my number one goal is health. If I go a long time w/o updating my blog or twitter, please ask how I'm doing. Help hold me accountable.

At the gym I did:
3x10 Lat Pull Downs
3x15 Chest Press
3x10 Curls
3x10 Tricep Pulls

I did between 25-50 jump ropes between each set for a total of 410 jumps. I love the RX Smart Gear Gauntlet Grey jump rope I bought on cyber Monday. I've always wanted a quality speed rope and they make a great one. I don't plan on doing cross fit but jump rope is about the best interval workout I can get. It pushes my heart rate through the roof.

To finish the night I did
3x10 Squats
3x10 Lunges
3x6 golf rotational work

I've had a stellar eating day and have a great meal planned for tonight that I'm about to go cook. I should finish the day between 1800-2000 calories.


I don't know if I'm ready to put an number on the weight I want to be at. I need to do some soul searching first. That will be available as a measuring stick within the next two weeks.

If anyone is embarking on the same journey I am. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment