Sunday, August 11, 2013

Here we go again - Focus T 25

One of these days I'm going to get things just right. You know kind of like the story with goldielocks and the 3 bears. It took her awhile to find what was just right.

That seems to be me in trying to get into a fitness routine and eating better.

In one of my few posts from the year on January 27th I made some resolutions.
Resolutions

Weight Loss - get to 214 or less.
Debt - Have less debt than when I started the year
Improve my golf game

So the golf game has gotten better and I will be recapping some things from the big event I was in during the next few days /weeks. ( That's the goal anyway)

Debt - I started working a second job in February. It's been really good to see some good progress getting made on the debt. It isn't always pleasant working a second job but I'm doing well with it. It's allowed me to really pay down some debt and still be able to have some extra golf lessons and things of that nature.

Weight Loss - in July I got down to my low for the year which was right at 214. Then we had vacation. Gained weight. Lost some back, down to 217. Morgan Cup weekend - gained weight. But not too much. Over the past few days I've not eaten to well. That changes starting today.

I've tried Insanity. It's too much for me at the moment. I've tried going to the gym more regularly but with 2 jobs and trying to improve in golf that's proven hard as well. It isn't going to get any easier in 2 weeks. School starts back. 2 semesters and I'll close the door on this MBA.

That's where Focus T25 comes into play. A new workout by Mr. Insanity that's 25 minutes, 5 days a week. (they don't tell you it's a double day on one of the days ).




I've challenged myself to follow through with this program and update the blog with how things are going at least one a week.

Tara actually did one yesterday and she was sure to let me know how hard it was.
So tonight I started with the first day. I thought about waiting another day and starting on Monday but that seemed like another excuse and I've made enough of those. Day 1 of the 10 week program was today.

It wasn't easy but it was only 25 minutes. It's pretty good intensity and you really will work up a sweat.

Starting weight - Sunday 8/11/13 - 219.2

Let's do this. I'm going to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment