Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Another "first" Day

Obsessed? Addicted? Gotta Have It?

I figure we all have things that we like to do. But to much of a good thing isn't a good thing, is it?

Diet Soda. Nothing too bad right?

I have one, no big deal. Then after a few days another. Then it's one a day. Then 3. Usually not more than 3 but that's still to much.

I'm not here to preach that no one should drink  diet soda, but I shouldn't.

I love water, I really do. But not when I am drinking soda. My water intake plummets.

If I have to chose, it's a morning (and sometimes afternoon) cup of coffee. And for a person with a slight heart MVP that's all the caffeine I need. That's even doctor approved. But if I told my cardiologist I was having 2 cups of coffee and 3 - 20oz sodas, I don't think she'd be happy with me.

When I don't drink enough water, after a few days I feel sluggish. I don't have time to feel sluggish.

And lastly, soda costs a heck of a lot more  than water. We buy 24 bottled waters for like $3. And since I try to tell myself I don't drink much soda we don't but it at the grocery store, I'll just swing by a convienece store. Stupid money management, bad for my heart, and I feel sluggish.

As a now famous woman said, "Ain't nobody got time for that".

I saw this on facebook tonight and man is it true. Change isn't easy. But I've given up soda for months and over a year before, so I think it's time to try again.





Today was another "first" day. I'm going to start with August and September trying not to BUY diet soda. It's hard at outback but I'm going to try to limit and then quit it there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment