Monday, May 27, 2013

Golf at Oak Hollow 5/27/13

We had 2 tee times today and I was in the second group to go off. Played with Eric, Ryan and Ryan's dad Kevin.

To see a course review of Oak Hollow Lake with a lot of picture that I posted on The Hackers Paradise please click HERE.

It's a gem of a Pete Dye course and can be very challenging.

There are many holes along the lake and today there were some sailboats on the lake adding to the scenery.



The day started out rough after a good tee shot and approach I four putted the first green. I was able to grind out a 45 on the front and the back had some ups and downs for another 45.

2 memorable shots of the day.
Eric teed off first on the par 3 16th and putt it to within 2 feet. I was next and put mine right beside his. We both tapped in for birdie.

The other was the 6 iron I stuck to within 1 foot on #10. Tap in birdie there as well. Too bad I followed that with a back to back triples.

I felt like I played okay today and the thing that excites me is that just by playing okay I was able to put up a decent "for me" score. In the past year I've played Oak Hollow 4 times and I'm happy to report this is my personal best on the course so far. I look forward to trying to shave a few more strokes off there next time.

After the round I hit the range for a little more work and really feel like I'm hitting the driver straight. Looking forward to Sundays round at Holly Ridge.

Scorecard and Breakdown:





No comments:

Post a Comment