Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week 3 Weigh In - A Low for the Year

I haven't posted about my latest excursion into weight loss because honestly I've been going back and forth all year and haven't had much success. I wanted to make sure I could really get serious this time before I got to excited and started talking about it.

As of this morning, after my 3rd full week of dieting and my first real week of exercising regularly I'm down 8.6 pounds. I'm working on a higher protein and lower carb mix and it is going well.
That's the great news. The bad is that I had one bad day Saturday and I didn't think it was really so bad, just way to much sodium maybe. Anyway I gained 1.4 that day and I've worked the rest of the week to get it off. It dropped slowly but I am back to my low for the year, which I was also at last Thursday. Now that I'm back there I'm excited to hit the 10 pound loss goal and even more excited to get under 220.

I still have a ways to go, and have no illusions of completing the lose 30 pounds in my 30th year at this point, but I am on the right track and my ultimate goal weight is 185. 47 pounds from where I started at 232, and 38.5 more pounds to go but my goals are at the 5 pound milestones so next up is below 220.

This week I did 3 bike rides totaling about 30 miles and 1 intense short circuit workout that killed my legs. It was only 10 minutes but ended up being about 85 squats and 35 burpees in those ten minutes.

And because I don't like to leave any post without a picture anymore I'll share a few photos from the golf course this week. The fall colors are beautiful right now. 





1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics! I wonder how fun it is riding in such a beautiful location. Higher protein and lower carb mix in diet balanced with regular workouts will certainly give positive results in weight loss.

    goats weed

    ReplyDelete