Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How $8 can make a difference


I have some friends who's 8 year old (almost 8) is doing a remarkable thing for his birthday.

http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign/?campaign_id=26508

I work for a non profit (not charity water) and I love it when people are philanthropic. It doesn't matter to me what charity people support as long as they have one. Volunteers are just as important as cash donations too. So there is always a way to make a difference.


From Gabe (the 8 year old)
All of my birthdays have always been about stuff. Stuff I thought I wanted but, to be honest, I hardly even remember what I got last year.

So this year, I'm giving my birthday up. 

I'm turning 8 years old and instead of asking for gifts, I'm asking for $8 or more from everyone I know. It's not going to me, though. All of it is going to build freshwater projects for people who need it.

I never thought about people not having clean water. I can walk into my kitchen and get water whenever I want to. I didn't know there were people who can't until my dad told me and showed me the charity: water movie. It made me sad.

So my birthday wish this year is not for more gifts; it's to give clean drinking water to some of the people living without it. I want to make my birthday matter this year. 

If you’re looking for someone to donate 8 dollars too, I’d say this kid is a pretty good cause. J


It not only helps create clean water, it shows an 8 year old little boy that everyone can make a difference. How freaking awesome!

1 comment: