Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wheels - Off and On

Today's theme is wheels.

1 - The wheels can fall off quickly with my eating. After 4 days of eating like shit I had to get the wheels back on the wagon and I successfully did that yesterday. It started with a good Mexican dinner on my birthday, good as in it taste good. Not good in the fact that I left feeling like I could throw up I was so full, and not good in the weight gained the next day. Pizza the next night. Followed by Boston Market. Chicken - good. Mac & Cheese and Loaded Mashed Potato's not good. What did I do to correct that, why eat Chili's the next night of course.

Looking back at it, I suppose there are a few positives. I ate good for breakfast and lunch each day which limited the potential weight gain. I also continued to workout every day.

2- The second set of wheels are the ones attached to my bicycle, which I rode again for the first time in four or five months on the 30th. Nothing to write home about really. A slow tempo ride of 16.5 miles. It was good to be back on the road and great to be back out with my dad.

I had really started missing my bike. Cycling is my passion, if I had to choose one form of exercise that I had to stick with forever it would be cycling. I often think when I run, or swim(okay that hasn't happened if FOREVER) that I'd rather be on my bike.

So we rode the local Polar Bear ride, which had a forecast of excellent weather, sunshine and in the mid 40's at the start topping out with a high around 61. Dad and I chose to do the 25 mile route. We started in the very back of the pack so we could ride our own ride and not get caught up in the large groups that hammer up the first hills etc, we knew that we would flame out if we tried that.

We rode great, even though from mile 10-22 the wind was crazy brutal and it got chilly. We ended up passing loads of people on the way in, especially during those last 10 miles, which felt good. We've both been exercising pretty regularly over the past month (me) or more (him) so it was nice to see the legs and body respond during what was the longest ride for either of us in half a year.

I'm glad the Polar Bear wasn't today, because it is COLD and windy today. Man it'd be a tough ride. But the weather looks nice for the weekend. I  hope to get in another ride on Sunday and will be getting my trainer back from my dad this weekend so I can start riding at least once a week at night.

I'm so glad that I got back on my bike wheels and got those wheels back on my wagon for my weight. I anticipate being under 225 before the trip to Austin next weekend and my goal is to workout enough there and make smart decisions to gain less then 1.5 pounds (stretch goal is no weight gain).

1 comment:

  1. Yay for riding the bike again! I need to get back on my bike because I really miss it! I hope to ride sometime this week, preferably outdoors if the weather cooperates!

    Just keep thinking positive on the weight loss it will come. I have to drop 25lbs and that is how I am approaching it!

    ReplyDelete