Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feeling Good and Bad

I weighed in today at my lowest weight since Christmas eve. That has me feeling great!

In other news I feel like crap. My throat was so sore when I got up I could barely swallow. That's how the drainage started several weeks ago and it disapates throughout the day. But it turned into bronchitis and robbed me of energy over the holidays.

So after a staff meeting at 10 and driving to a committee meeting at noon, I'm headed to the doctor before I come back to work.

I have a trip to Austin coming up Thursday and I've never been to Texas so I'm excited about it. I don't want to feel like crap for it.

If you've been to Austin what are your MUST Do's?

We're touring Mellow Johnny's, taking a bike tour. And have a couple of MS functions but have Friday night and Saturday day to have some free time.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, first I am jealous that you are headed to Austin. I love Texas and Austin is a great city. Watch out for the Tex Mex!!!!

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    I hope you feel better soon. I am still fighting the remnants of my NYE cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stubbs BBQ!!!! Excellent beef BBQ.

    If you like live music, 6th Street is a must, but I hear there are even better places now all across town.

    Incidentally, the best Chicago-style pizza I've ever had was in Austin at a place called Mangia. Incredible. I lived in Chicago for three years and never had anything that comes close.

    I haven't been to Austin in almost 7 years, but it's a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about Austin- but congratulations on the weigh in!

    ReplyDelete