Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Running vs. A Cold

I developed a slight cold towards the end of last week but didn't want to be deterred in my running. I had really hoped to run each day of the long weekend with a "long" run of 4 miles sometime during the weekend.

I decided for 2.6 on Saturday, which was shortened to 2.3. I was wore out while running, my legs hurt, I just felt SLOW. Now feeling slow is not something unusual for me because I am a very slow runner but, I just didn't feel like I was moving. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen the hard and hilly 2 mile route, but I did.

After I got back and did a few things I ate lunch and that was all she wrote for me. I slept from 1-5. Luckily I felt good that night as we celebrated a friends new job with a great dining experience at The Melting Pot.

Sunday I got up and ran again, opting for the easier of the 2 mile routes. I was feeling good as I reached the turn around point and decided to make it a 3 mile run, but as I started up the hill (the turn around is at the bottom of a hill) my hamstrings told me to stick to the plan and turn my ass around. I obliged and completed the run. I felt better than Saturday but not great. Sunday brought a family picnic and it was so great to get so see and spend time with mom's side of the family. I wish I got to see everyone more often.

Monday was a complete and total rest day. I left the house for a quick trip to the store to pick up a few things but otherwise was a homebody. I did some website work, got some stuff done on my upcoming Habitat for Humanity fundraiser (more details soon!) and read 3 magazines.


Today its back to work and I feel a lot better, but still have a little head congestion so I'll probably rest again today before returning to training on Wednesday.

My friend John (I'm Johnny C) has a goal to beat his brother in an upcoming 13.1 and I'm stealing his tagline for that and using it for myself.

My Operation Domination will be posted about later this week but as a preview it involves the 13.1, and weight loss.

After a gluttonous weekend that saw me gain 2.4 pounds I now tip the scale on the wrong side of 220 again. I'm at 220.4. I have a more strict eating plan to follow along with the mental determination to loose weight for good.

Stay tuned for complete and total domination of my remaining 2012 goals.

How was your weekend?

1 comment: