Monday, August 22, 2011

Week in Review

If you've seen my last post you know that last week was busy but I got off to a good start with running 3 miles on Monday.

I didn't make it to the gym again until Friday and it was clearly one of those days when I should have stayed at home. Do you ever feel like you should rest, but if you haven't worked out much recently that you're just being lazy and not really needed the rest? I have a hard time reading my body vs. mind correctly sometimes, am I being lazy b/c I want to lay on the couch or do I really need the rest.

Friday I got in the gym and did a 10 minute stair climber warm up, then I headed to the treadmill for what I'd planned being a 2 mile run. My legs hurt from the start, I just didn't feel like being on the treadmill. I pulled the towel from over the display at six and a half minutes, and when the clock hit seven minutes I pressed stop and got off. I tried to make myself do some weights, but I picked up the dumbbells did four curls and put them back down and promptly waked out of the gym. It wasn't my day to be working out.

Saturday I had to be up at 5:45 to go work the bike MS training ride but I did go for a run. As soon as I got home from the ride, without even going inside, wearing my old running shoes, and a cotton shirt I ran a 1 mile out and 1 mile back route and put in two miles. I was freaking dripping with sweat (since I started at 1pm) but my legs felt so much more fresh. It was nice.

Sunday I did 30 minutes on the elliptical whilst reading Marketing Management and then ran just over a mile.
Oh yeah I did watch this again yesterday.
Talk about an unabashed action movie. Just what the doctor ordered up for a lunch time treat. 103 minutes of action, with a hint of moral story thrown in there for fun, but mostly just bloody, non stop action.


Total running for the week = 6.65. It was down from last week but the second most miles I've run this year so I can't complain too much.

Goals for this week is at least 8 miles broken into 3 or 4 runs. I won't be running tonight because my class starts. Other goals is to drop at least 1.4 pounds and get below 217. I had an up and down weekend with weight and thankfully ended up only gaining .2 pounds. Current weight is 218.2, when I drop below 217 it will be my lowest weight since February or March and then I'm trying to crack below 215 by early September and below or close to 210 by October. Goal 1 is 205. Goal 2 is 195. Goal 3 is 185.

Lastly, I haven't seen one of these in a while, but after some research and talking with a friend I will probably let you know where my next one will be later this week.

1 comment:

  1. I've definitely had those days where I felt like I should run or bike or do something but really wanted to rest and once I get moving everything goes "NOOOOOOOO." But eventually things loosen up and at least I've done something instead of nothing.

    Good luck getting the miles in this week!

    ReplyDelete