Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 12 & 13 Recap - 17 Day Diet

Day 12 was a little disappointing because I gained .2 and was back right on the nose at 220, but I had a feeling I wouldn't stay there for long. On the days I'd gained I'd lost a decent amount the next day. That proved to be true today when after day 13 I lost 1.4 pounds.

I'm really pleased with my choice to try the 17 day diet. The principals are easy to understand, and having a plan to follow when seeing good results makes things easier to stay on. It is quite a bit different with the carb reduction in phase 1, but more vegetables are added in the next 17 days, and after that whole grains are back in moderation. Bread, pasta, rice, etc. But I must say I'm especially looking forward to the fourth cycle when the cheat meals are available on the weekends. I know I won't be cheating too badly because I still have a long way to go, but for now I'm celebrating some great successes in the first 13 days!

I'd also like to make mention that both of my parents are also on this diet, one day behind me, it was actually their idea to try it after they knew of a few others who'd been so successful. They are both doing great as well!

Day 12
Starting Weight 219.8
Current Weight 220
Total Lost - 7.2

Day 13
Starting Weight 220
Current Weight 218.6
Total Lost - 8.6

2 comments:

  1. "The principals are easy to understand..." I read an article this week about weight loss and they said that one way to make it work is if the person thinks the plan is easy and doable. That gives you a major advantage.

    Good luck to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christi! I hope the advantage keeps up, because I've still got a long way to go to get to my goal weight.

    Hope things are going great with your training.

    ReplyDelete