Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Biggest Loser - Hill vs. Huff

So this isn't the first challenge I've started in the past few months, (don't go back and read, you'll just get down and out for me(d90x, chest workout, etc, etc, haha)

But here is a new one anyway. One of my co workers and I are fed up with gaining weight and needed a little motivation to not get even fatter over the holidays.

We weighed in on Monday, I will not disclose his weight unless he gives me his blessing. I will refer to it as X.

I weighed in at 224.6. My heaviest weight of the year and up 20 pounds from my wedding weight. 30 pounds from my summer 09 low.

A breif weight overview - i started really packing on the pounds toward the end of college and when i began working for ruby tuesday. At my heaviest I was probably close to 260, but the heaviest offical recorded weight I have was at the start of another weight loss challenge with a few friends in 2007. It was 253.

I lost weight in 07 to right down around 198 by working out 2-4 hours a day at the gym, weights, baseketball, hours on the elliptical and stationary bike. Weight was up and down for most of 08 and at the end I started gaining and was just over 226 in January 2009. I worked hard, ate well and got down to 195 that summer. It went back up to 215 by March of 2010 and I dropped 10 before the wedding and honeymoon. So since June I've manged to be such a gluton that I've gained 20 pounds and am ANGRY with myself.

Now I don't have the time to work out that much so I'm going to have to make good decisions eating and trying to workout (great time to start over the christmas holiday huh?)

I am glad we are doing this challenge. I have no desire to go back over 225. I know I can't just loose it all at once so I really hope to lose 6-10 pounds between December 13 and January 13 and then keep loosing .5-1 pound per week after that until I reach a goal weight that I can maintain.

No crazy fad diets, no 6 hour gym sessions, I want to make good decisions and feel proud about how I'm losing weight and the fitness that I'm regaining again.

I have some great goals fitness, personal and professional that I'm shooting for in 2011 and I'll start sharing those soon.

But today, after 1 day of the challenge I was down .4. (i know i shouldn't weigh every day but I have to be accountable somehow)

Here's to Day 2 of the HvsH Biggest Loser

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your weight loss challenge! I wish you the best and hope you meet all the goals you have set for yourself in 2011!

    ReplyDelete