Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ouch

Today I woke up sore as hell. But its that good kind of sore, the kind you know you got from working your ass off in the gym last night.

I did 33 minutes on the elliptical and started a new chest workout from mens fitness, followed up by a mile of walking with Tara.

In all honesty, the chest workout didn't look that tough, but it sure turned out to be. I laughed at myself before I even got through the first exercise of the 3 in the Day 1 workout. This workout is two days per week, for 6 weeks.

#1 - Pylo Pushups (the one where you go down slow and explode up and clap)- 6 sets w/ 6-8 reps. I did 6 sets of 6 reps, and apparently I don't land softly on my hands because I started bleeding from my right thumbnail after 2 sets, but it wasn't too bad so I finished it.

#2 - Dumbbell Bench Press - 5 sets w/ 10-12 reps. Using 40# dumbbells I did the 5 sets with 10 reps. The first set was really tough because my chest was tight, thankfully it loosened up a bit.

I decided to throw in dumbbell curls between the press, so I did 4 sets of 6-8 reps of curls.

#3 - Elevated Feet Push ups - 4 sets w/ 10 reps. I did 4 sets w/ 8 reps and by the 8th rep on each set I was struggling mightily. I'm actually pretty shocked I didn't fall on my face on the very last rep.

I also decided to add some triceps work between those push ups so I did triceps pull downs on a cable machine.

I was in the gym for about an hour and a half and although tired when I left, I felt good.

Tonight I have a networking event and then class afterwork so there won't be any workout, but tomorrow night I am doing cardio and legwork.

1 comment: