Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I found my mojo!

Don't get me wrong, this has been an amazing year. The best of my life, no doubt about it.
However I've been in a little slump since returning from our honeymoon. (I know I've promised some of you a wedding recap post, and I'm getting there, it was just so great that I feel like I would write a novel with every detail, so its coming, sometime before Christmas!)

We stayed very busy with going back to work, moving, my longest work weekend of the year, Tara going back to school(teaching), going to Virginia beach for a half marathon, a vacation weekend in Asheville, and much more. So although July, August, & September were filled with fun things I just haven't been into working out like I'm used too.

When I did get into the gym I just wasn't super motivated to workout hard, and that was pretty unusual. Since 07 I've really enjoyed working out, or biking or running, etc. Sometimes there was an event that I was working towards or just to enjoy the time in the gym. I felt like Austin Powers in The Spy who Shagged Me, I'd lost my mojo.

I'm happy to report that "I'm back baby" (read in Austin Powers Voice). Unfortunately it took some post wedding weight gain to really force my hand, I dug in my heels and started working out regularly and hard a week and a half ago.

I haven't felt this good about working out in a while, I'm just spending a lot of time in the weight room and doing calorie burning cardio. Lots of time on the elliptical machine and I will start mixing in some running again this week, and lots of time with the weights.

I have started a killer chest workout and that's 2 days a week. I plan on doing lower body 2 days a week and mixing in arms with some of the other stuff. I haven't quite figured out where to add in core workouts but I believe they will be on the chest days in between the chest workout. Speaking of that mens fitness killer workout I'm still sore from Day 1 Week 1, and I've got D2W1 coming up tomorrow. I hope I'm able to move when I wake up on Friday.

On another note I've changed my blog title, hopefully for good and I'll explain why I like it so much in another post.

Until next ride...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I am glad that you have the mojo back and I can't wait to read all about your exciting training adventures!

    ReplyDelete