Thursday, August 19, 2010

D90X - Slow Going

Time for an update on D90X. I don't really need the X on there since I'm not doing anything extreme at the moment but I'll leave it nonetheless.

Day 10 - x-2.4 (no change from day 9)
Day 11 - x-2.6

I'm hanging out with the guys tonight and we're going to bonefish (one of our buddies works at outback so we get a 25% discount at Outback, Bonefish, or Carrabas) then we're going to see the Expendables. Although I'll try to eat a reasonable dinner, but it can be hard not to have something tasty at dinner or popcorn at the movie. We'll see what happens. I hope to get in a bike ride or two this weekend. I miss my roubaix time.

I can't wait to see the movie. I'm a huge Stallone fan, always have been.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks so but the movie title is pretty clever.
From Frist Blood Part II:
Co Bao: Why did they pick you? Because you like to fight?
Rambo: I'm expendable.
Co Bao: What mean expendable?
Rambo: It's like someone invites you to a party and you don't show up. It doesn't really matter.

That reminds me that we should all enjoy life to the fullest. I have been in a job that consumed all of time before and thankfully I'm not now. Even if I was still in that job, days off would be real days off. To live life, spend time with those you care about and love, and really be in the moment.

Looking forward to "date night" tomorrow with my new bride. She starts back to school for "real" (with students) next Wednesday and I know she'll be working hard. School teachers don't get nearly the pay or respect they deserve so those of us that know and love them should offer encouragement and a helping hand when ever we can.

Until next ride...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy the movie! And good luck to your wife. I hope she has a great school year! And you are right teachers are under-appreciated and under-payed!

    ReplyDelete