Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week in Review: Walk MS NC ZOO

I believe this post will just be a week in review.

I'll start with the biggest item on the agenda for the week and that was my first walk of the season. I coordinate 3 walks for the MS Society and the first one takes place on the last Saturday in March at the NC Zoo. What a great location for a walk. I love the Zoo! The walk went extremely well. It was very smooth and I am very pleased with how great it went. I have a great committee that helps put on these walks, it wouldn't be nearly as good without them. Thank you to everyone who worked on making this event a success. I took some pictures during walk set up on Friday, I might post some of those in the next few days.

Training:
Monday was a nice day off.
Tuesday I was scheduled to get back to it but was still feeling tired so I took Trixie on a nice mile and a half walk and got a lot of things done at home. Laundry from the weekend half marathon trip, etc.
Wednesday - Masters swim class went pretty good but I had some elbow soreness from the pulling activities. The swim coach has some suggestions on how to slightly change my pull and that should help the problem.
Thursday - Great day for workouts. I rode around 28 miles with my coach (www.suzanneduncan.com) during a late lunch & after work I rode another 20 with a group in Greensboro. It was good to get some solid miles on the bike.
Friday - off (homework)
Saturday - off (work & case study due)
Sunday - This was the rough day for training. I had a scheduled 7 mile run but was lacking the motivation to even get to the gym. I thought that once I got there that things would be easier, because they usually are. Not today. It was a mental struggle to get going and stay going. I ended up running 4 miles at a really slow pace, and then called it a day.

I'm looking forward to getting this week going tomorrow. Here comes a good week of training, work and school.

Until Next Ride...

2 comments:

  1. Hi I just found your blog and I am happy to see another MS Supporter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christi,
    It is good to find other MS Supporters huh? I work for our local chapter in NC. I saw your picture for the ride you do, thats cool! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete