Thursday, March 18, 2010

100 Days!

If you've looked at my 2010 Calender(on the right side of the page if you haven't) you'll know that I've scheduled myself a pretty busy year of events. The culmination of the events for the year is the Half Ironman at Beach 2 Battleship but thats not the biggest event on the calender for the year.

I'm getting married! The dates June 26th and I can't wait. Our ceremony is going to be at Tara's Church in Mt. Airy and the reception will be at the Rosa Lee Manor in Pilot Mountain. Its going to be beautiful, fun, exciting & more! And now(thanks to a reminder from Tara yesterday) its only 100 days away.

I proposed on Easter of last year and when we set the date it was around 400 days, but time's really flown by, Easter 2010 is in 2 weeks, April 12th the day we got engaged is 3 weeks away and the weddings only 100 days away. Wow. It seems like each year goes by faster and faster but for now it doesn't really matter because soon as the time flies I'll be married to the greatest girl ever.



In Tri Training news, today is an off day from training. With the half marathon 2 days away(this time Sunday morning I'll have already been running for an hour and a half) its time to get some rest and prepare for the race. Its also nice that today is an off day from athletic training because it sure isn't for school. I've got 4 articles to read, 4 blackboard posts to do and a shot(3-4) case study to do before Friday at 6pm when we head to Atlanta.

Tuesday's workout was a quick 50 minute small chain ring, high cadence bike ride and it went well.

The St. Patrick's Day workout was broken into 2 segments. Masters swim at lunch and I swam 2000 yrd in about an hour and 15 minutes(i'm getting more comfortable in the pool but slightly more nervous about open water swimming at May 2nd draws near) and then after work and a committee meeting I ran 4 miles. Suzanne instructed to run easy and keep my heart rate in zone 1 and I was pretty successful with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment