Monday, February 15, 2010

Luck & Love



I am so lucky to have my fiancée, my family and my friends. Fitting that my post right after Valentine’s Day has love in the topic isn’t it? However, its not just about Valentine’s day. I’ve just been thinking lately about how lucky I am. I have the best fiancée, the most amazing parents, and great family and friends. Tara, my mom, and dad are the most important people in my life. I have so much love and support for anything I do its amazing. I know that whatever I crazy thing I choose to try they’ll be there for me. From going from a decent paying job to waiting tables so I could go back to school and get my undergrad degree, to starting an MBA, to signing up for a ½ Ironman when I don’t know the slightest thing about swimming other than how to barely make it to one end of the pool, they are always there for me. November will be here before you know it but with my family support and some great coaching I know that I’ll be ready to start at the Beach and make it to a Battleship! Its hard to believe that there are less that 5 months left until our wedding. To borrow a quote from Valentine’s Day the movie, I can’t wait to marry my best friend and start our new life together. We’ve been together for over 2 years and they’ve been the best 2 years ever. Its funny to see so many movies or whatever about the “in-laws” and how horrible they are but its not like that at all with Tara’s family. They’ve made me feel like a part of their family from day one and I couldn’t be more comfortable with them.

I just want to say thank you to Tara, my mom, dad and the rest of my family and friends for always being there for me. I am truly blessed to have everyone of you in my life. The last few years have been amazing and I’m sure there are a lot of great memories to come.

On a training note, things went well this week. I had 2 good swimming sessions and feel like I’m learning a lot every time I’m in the pool.

I raced the Groundhog Gallop on Saturday and did great for running a trail race in 2 inches of fresh snow. It was only my second trail run ever. I’ve never done such a beautiful run as we did through the woods on Saturday. Sunday was the Valentines Day Massacre Marathon and Relay and I ran on a 4 person relay team. Each person took turns running a lap, and we each had 4 laps to run. The results aren’t posted on the website yet but I know that I got faster on each of the first 3 laps and believe I ran even just a bit faster on the fourth lap. After the first hour or so when it warmed up it was pleasant except for the strong wind gusts. It was a fun race, I hope next year my dad can come out and run it with us.

My calendar had a half marathon scheduled for Saturday but its been postponed. I was going to run the trial run the Pilot Mountain Payback but the course just isn’t in good condition so they’ve postponed it but I can’t run it in April due to a Walk. The bright side is if the weather cooperates I’ll get in with the Other Saturday Ride(creative name huh?) before going to Pilot to celebrate my dad’s birthday.

What kind of goals do you have this year? Goals, resolutions, what ever you call them, I hope they’re going great for you and if they’re not you still have plenty of time to get to work. Learn from mistakes, celebrate success, and always make decisions that you are happy with.

Until next ride,

No comments:

Post a Comment