Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The 1st Rambling

Welcome to my blog. The blog title comes from the bike I ride a Specialized Roubaix ( Pronounced “roo-bay” after a famous cycling town in France, and the ramblings is because that’s what this blog will be. Ramblings that I think about while riding or during other parts of the day.

Went out for a short ride this afternoon(my first after Bike MS: Greenville) and saw a couple of pretty cool things. I should preface number one by letting you know that I really like donkeys. Don’t know why just think they look cool and like dogs seem to normally be happy. It also doesn’t hurt that there’s a killer Mexican restaurant at Myrtle Beach called the Buro Loco (crazy donkey). Now, the first cool thing I saw was 2 donkeys running through a field, and on further inspection one was chasing the other, it almost looked like they were playing pin the tail on the donkey, so that was funny. The 2nd cool thing I saw was as I was returning to the apartment, coming through the gate there were 3 squirrels sitting on the gate beside the entrance. This made me think of Alvin and the Chipmunks since they were all sitting the same way.

Those were the best parts of todays ride. I think the song of the day for my ride must have been “Pain” by 3 Days Grace. I had a side stitch (stomach cramp) for pretty much the entire 15 miles today. Not sure why today but I am sure that it was irritating. I had to remind my self of team Saxo Bank’s mantra a few times. (H.T.F.U), if you wanna know what that means just ask. In the end I rode quite well.

In other news I got 2 letters in the mail from UNCG, neither of which was regarding my application for graduate school. I’ve applied to the MBA program after completing my undergraduate degree this past summer. One of the letters was about the December commencement, which I suppose I should go to. Don’t have much of a choice, mom wants me there and since they helped me out so much during both stretches of my colligate career I am going to oblige her wish that I walk. The second letter was letting me know that I made the deans list. That’s cool and all, but I want my diploma not a letter, and why couldn’t they just email that to me. No need to send it in a letter format, I’m not rushing to my refrigerator door to post it for everyone, haha. I did get an email a few days ago that diplomas were ready to pick up, so I’ll probably swing by and get it one day this week so I don’t have to wait o nit to come in the mail.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Tara, Mom, Dad & I are going to an exhibition basketball game in Greensboro. Bobcats vs. Hornets. It will be something different, hopefully a good time.

Until Next Time

DH

No comments:

Post a Comment